With the municipal election around the corner, the City of Lloydminster has released advance polling dates.
Advance polling will take place for seven days at City Hall to ensure the safety of voters.
“We’re confident the safety and risk-mitigation measures in place will ease anyone who is worried about voting in person. We’ll continue to monitor the pandemic and will adjust safety measures as required to meet the guidelines laid out by the Saskatchewan government,” said Returning Officer Doug Rodwell.
It will take place over ten days from October 24th to November 4th:
- Saturday, October 24th, 2020: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 27th, 2020: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 28th, 2020: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, October 29th, 2020: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31st, 2020: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 4th, 2020: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
On election day, residents will be able to head to the Mike’s Oilfield Fieldhouse or the Remax Fieldhouse at the Servus Sports Centre, or the Wild Rose Pavilion at the Lloyd Exh between 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Drive-thru voting is also taking place on November 9th at Bud Miller Park.
Voters will be able to choose who fills the six council seats out of 18 candidates. Gerald Aalbers is heading to his second term as mayor after being the lone candidate at the nomination deadline.